LightBlog

Young Thug Has Changed His Name to 'SEX'

Young Thug attends the 3rd Annual Diamond Ball at Cipriani Wall Street on Sept. 14, 2017 in New York City. 
While there hasn't been any new music from Young Thug in sight, the rapper may finally be readying some new material after jumping on Twitter on Tuesday morning (Feb. 20) to announce his latest attempt at rebranding.
"I’m changing my name to SEX....," Thug wrote on Twitter announcing his new rap moniker. Following up with a second tweet, Thug declared, "For now on call me SEX!!!" 
Thug didn't explain his new name but it's certainly not his first name switch. The Atlanta rapper attempted to change his name to No, My Name Is Jeffrey back in August 2016, but only if his mixtape Jeffrey, sold 100,000 copies in its first week. However, he later explained that he wanted to go back to his real name, Jeffrey, for professional purposes. 
"I had a long-term relationship with Young Thug and I’m kind of picky. So I felt like I ain’t wanna be in front of Bill Gates or Oprah Winfrey. I ain’t want my kids to grow up and call me Thug," he said during a listening party. "I don’t want anybody to kind of look at me like that. So I’m gonna just use my real name."
Although the identity change didn't stick, Jeffrey debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 with 37,000 album-equivalent units and sold 18,000 copies in the first week. 
View the tweets below. 
For copyright protection, only an abstract of the article is available
Young Thug Has Changed His Name to 'SEX' Young Thug Has Changed His Name to 'SEX' Reviewed by Unknown on February 21, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Advertising

LightBlog